Guest Post for The Writer’s Cookbook
I’m always on the lookout for interesting and inspiring stories to share with my readers.
Whether you’ve just started writing, or you’ve been writing for decades, I want to share your story.
What I’m looking for
- Mental health
All guest posts must be aimed at writers. As well as a personal story, there must also be takeaways for the reader.
Copyhackers has a great blog post template if you’re looking for inspiration. You don’t have to follow it to the letter, but it doesn’t hurt. The more examples and sources you have to reinforce your point—as well as a story to tie it all together—the better.
How to pitch
Pitch your ideas to me on Twitter @KristinaAurelia, or email email@example.com. Please include the proposed topic/keyword, title of the piece, and a brief summary of what you plan to cover.
We are happy to republish posts if you have permission from the original publisher.
We do not respond to press releases or requests for backlinks.
Guidelines for guest posts
- Please cover one topic in depth. The more focused your article is, the better.
- Before you begin writing, please use a tool such as Moz’s Keyword Explorer to find the most suitable keyword to cover your topic. This will help you to work out if there’s an audience for the topic you want to write about. SEO is a big driver of traffic for us. Posts that are not written with an SEO focus will not be considered.
- Posts are written in British English. That means it’s colour not color, and organise not organize. If you’re unfamiliar with British English, we can help you with this in the editing process.
- Posts should be at least 1,000 words in length . There is no maximum word count.
- Posts should be broken up by headers and paragraphs should be short (two or three sentences at most).
- Run your title through CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer and/or AMI’s Headline Analyzer to get an idea of its effectiveness.
- We reserve the right to make editorial changes to ensure that points come across clearly and concisely.
- Extra points are awarded for the use of Oxford Commas.