Lee Savino is a USA today bestselling author. Her books have sold millions of copies and have been translated into five languages. She teaches and coaches other authors and you can find her in the Millionaire Author Mastermind group on Facebook.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- If a creative writing degree can help you with your publishing career
- Why you need to focus on the books that sell, but still write the ones that don’t
- Ways to help with physical and mental roadblocks that are holding you back
- How to embrace your writing style
Listen to Lee Savino talk paranormal romance
Powered by RedCircle
- 00.00 – Introduction
- 01.40 – Public speaking and Kristina’s storytelling skills
- 05.00 – Ellie is dissertation free and loving writing again.
- 06.50 – Overlaps are causing problems for Kristina…
- 12.35 – Interview with Lee Savino
- 15.00 – Are Creative Writing degrees really all that?
- 17.00 – Hiding away to read erotica.
- 17.40 – Is erotica harder to market?
- 18.50 – Tess of the d’Urbervilles doesn’t get a happy ending.
- 19.30 – Who decides the heat level?
- 20.35 – Moving to menage e troi and playing to your strengths.
- 23.45 – Push your work horses!
- 25.25 – The best book marketing tactic.
- 27.15 – Choosing the marketing angle.
- 28.30 – Are tropes in genre fiction important?
- 32.10 – Digging deeper into your character emotions.
- 34.00 – The most successful tropes for paranormal romance.
- 36.40 – Readers remember the toilet snakes.
- 41.40 – What’s Lee’s favourite trope to write?
- 44.45 – Learning from romance novels, even if it’s not your normal genre.
- 47.30 – People really like office romances.
- 48.50 – Tips for writers who are trying to find their voice.
- 53.50 – Don’t lose your voice’s beating heart.
- 54.45 – There’s such a thing as too polished.
- 58.40 – Listen to your body!
- 1.02.00 – Writing while walking…
- 1.05.00 – The power of going back to the basics.
- 1.05.50 – What is one book that changed Lee’s life?