Second book syndrome. The sophomore slump. Call it what you like; all writers will face it at some point. It can strike whether it’s your second book, the second book in a series, or the second book of a new pen name.
In this episode, Kristina talks about how she faced second book syndrome with her What Happens in… series, and avoided it for her next two series.
- What the sophomore slump is
- How to not get stuck on your work in progress
- The importance of research—and where to do it
Listen to Kristina and Ellie talk the sophomore slump
Powered by RedCircle
- 00.00 – What is second book syndrome?
- 02.05 – Did Kristina suffer with second book syndrome?
- 02.30 – Kristina’s writing process for The Mummy’s Curse.
- 05.00 – Using Egyptian mummies for comas!
- 06.50 – Drawing on documentaries and more for research.
- 12.50 – How to avoid the sophomore slump.
- 17.00 – Support us on Patreon.
The Mummy’s Curse
What Happens in New York
What Happens in London
Other things mentioned
*Affiliate link. It won’t cost you any extra, but we’ll get a small commission for each sale.